Which Women /male doesnot like to look younger and beautiful/handsome? The answer is a simple “ NOBODY”.Some well accepted body care tips for both sexes…
1 ) Eat Foods rich in amino acids to prevent wrinkles . Topical skin creams cannot stimulate collagen production to prevent wrinkles. Diet rich in amino acids is the best solution to prevent wrinkles. Nuts, almonds, legumes, broccoli, asparagus etc contain amino acids. Why amino acid important for healthy skin? Wrinkles and fine line develop in dermis ( layer below epidermis). Collagen and elastin are main part of dermis. Collagen and elastin are secreted by fibroblasts. With out amino acids, collagen and elastin synthesis cannot take place. With age, fibroblast donot perform at the same level as they used to. Also body cannot produce amino acids, they have to be obtained from food. So consumption of amino acid rich food is very important for skin to look younger and wrinkle free. Keep in mind, tropicalskin creams will not be that effective for preventing wrinkles.
2) Eat food rich in Omega 3s. This will give you soft glowing skin. Fish and fish oil contains omega 3s. Remember it is not the fish oil that provides omega 3s, it is the DHA and EPA content. So if you are taking Omega 3 supplement tablets , look for EPA and DHA content. If you are vegetarian, you can opt for ALA which is obtained from almond,walnut, flaxseed oil etc. ALA will be converted to EPA and DHA in the body. Though EPA and DHA obtained from fish /fish oil have better benefit than ALA, fish oil contains mercury, so it is toxic. ALA is good option. Plant sources are free from Mercury too. However conversion of ALA to EPA and DHA is slower.
3)Use Physical Sunscreen : what does physical sunscreen means? Sunscreen means it is a lotion/Gel used to apply on face/body to protect from UV rays from Sun. There are mainly 2 types of Sunscreen viz Physcial sunscreen and Chemical Sunscreen.
Physical sunscreen contains natural minerals Zinc and Titanium dioxide. They physically block or reflect sun’s UV rays .
Chemical sunscreen contains synthetic ingredients such as Oxybenzone and Octonoxate which are absorbed in to the skin to filter and absorb UV rays effectively protecting deeper layers of skin.
Chemical sunscreen other ingredients are Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene, Oxtinoxate,menthyl anthranilate, oxtocrylene, retinyl palmitate, homosalete etc.
Chemical sunscreens are more effective than physical sunscreen. But as far safety is concerned Physical sunscreens are best ones. Also for sensitive skin floks, physical sunscreen is very best choice, as it is anti inflammatory.
However avoid chemical sunscreens which contain ingredients such as Oxybenzone and Retinyl palminate if you are concerned about potentially toxic chemicals.
4) Use Broad Band Sunscreen : That means it protects you from UVA and UVB rays from Sun.
5) Look for SPF rating :Go for Minimum SPF 15 and not more than SPF 30 or maximum SPF 50 :-SPF stands for Sun Protection factor. Remember it is a protection towards UVB rays. It is way of expressing how effective is sunscreen in protecting against UVB rays. The numerical digit following SPF indicates how much time you will be able to withstand exposure to the sun before burning up in sunburn. For instance, if you took 10 minutes to reach the state of being sunburn, an SPF 15 sunscreen will delay your time to achieve sunburn by 15 times more – 150 minutes.
SPF 15 can block 93 % of UVB
SPF 30 can block 97% of UVB
SPF 50 can block 98% of UVB
SPF 100 can block 99.1% of UVB
You don’t really need a higher number. They end up being very expensive and don’t offer more protection than SPF 50. SPF 30 gives only 4% more protection than SPF 15. SPF 50 gives only 1% more protection than SPF 30. That is why SPF 15 is considered to be good enough. Higher SPF don’t give much more protection.
Also in order to achieve broadband protection, UVA protection should be atleast one third of UVB protection. High SPF indicates greater protection from UVB than UVA, thus offering false sense of full protection.
6) Look for PA ranking : You can see PA ranking listed in Sunscreens as PA+, or PA++ or PA+++ etc. PA ranking stands for Protection against UVA rays. More Plus symbols means more protection from UVA. These rays cause long-term skin damage and therefore age the skin.
7) Always use cosmetics labelled PABA free : Para aminobenzoic acid free , for less skin rash.
8) Look for water proof sunscreen : Infact no sunscreen is really water proof. It only means it will have longer coverage time.
9) Drink plenty of Green Tea. Along with Green Tea don’t take fried items/snacks for maximum benefit and for smoother skin. The catechins contains in green tea, is an antioxidant that will fight against free radicals produced by UV rays. Catechin is 10 times more effective than Vitamin C
10) Use Occlusive and Hemectant ingredient Moisturizer immediately after bath, before sleep etc.
Occlusive ingredients increase moisture levels in the skin by providing a physical barrier to epidermal water loss. Eg Petrolatum, Waxes, Oils, Silicones etc.
Humectant ingredients increase water content to Stratum Corneum(SC) by attracting water from dermis below and binding that water in SC. Eg Glycerin, Urea, Alpha Hydroxyacids ( lactic acid,Glycolic acid).
11) Avoid Alcohols, beers etc , all these are diuretics, means more production of urine, which means dehydration, not good for skin.
12) Avoid Cosmetics containing ingredient –Propylene Glycol. It will help other chemicals you come in contact with reach your blood stream. Who wants to use a chemical designed to help other chemicals penetrate even deeper in to your skin? Not me.
13 ) Ensure you take enough Nutraceuticals daily basis. Vitamin E, C,A,B, Selenium, Zinc, Chronium and Calcium are also required for healthy softer and glowing skin. I really don’t understand the logic behind taking Vitamin E supplements after heartattack or Calcium supplements after fracture.If they are good for recovery, they are even better before the damage. They should be taken as preventive strategies to maintain good health.
14) Use cosmetics which is labelled water based and “ Non Comedogenic “ This means your pores in skin wont get clogged. So no whiteheads or blackheads.(No pimples). Beautiful skin.
15) Look for Matte Cosmetics, they will give you oil free look.
16) Avoid High carbs ie high carbohydrate foods such as Sweets, fried items etc. High carbs can induce a process called Glycation. This increases the oil secretion of your skin. The increased oil and dead skin cells can create clogged pores .
17 ) Include lots of omega 3s such as almonds, walnut etc. They are good fats, they will not increase skin’s oil production.
18) Drink plenty of water.
19) Instead of soap use cleanser. Our body skin’s Ph is 5.5. So cleanser’s which maintains skin PH 4.5 to 5.5 is gentle and good.
20) Ensure your cosmetic is fragrance and alcohol free.
21) Allow sunlight to pass your face, arms , legs etc for 10 to 20 minutes a day. This is for the production of Vitamin D in the body. Sunlight is the only source for Vitamin D. Food sources contains very little vitamin D. ( egg yolks contain vitamin D, but high cholesterol , not good for all age groups, depends on body condition). But sunlight is safe source,. If you apply sunscreen , you will not get Vitamin D production in body. So don’t apply sunscreen and go out in sunlight for about 10 minutes daily basis for adequate production of vitamin D. After then apply sunscreen and so you can get benefits and adequate protection from sun.
22) Apart from UV rays, IR rays can also cause skin damage. They increases the production of collagen degrading enzyme ( Matrix Metalloproteinase) and also decreases the synthesis of collagen. This means skin damage/wrinkles etc.Sunglasses can not protect you from IR. The best way to protect from IR is to take antioxidants rich in Vitamin C to neutralize free radicals produced by IR .
23) Use Sunglass covering larger area of your eyes/face to protect from harmful UVA and UVB. Strictly select for sunglass which protects from UVA, UVB and HEV( high energy visible light or blue light). Polarized lens are not very important. I think if you go for anti fog, that is more useful than a polarized lens. But it is very expensive when you go for 100% UV( UVA ,UVB, HEV), Polarized and Antifog.
24) Dark complexioned people need more sunlight to produce Vitamin D. Because they have more melanin production and melanin blocks UVB rays. Fair complexioned people need only 10 minutes a day for adequate production of Vitamin D. The sun tan caused by UVB is really a body’s self protective system from UV , but it can give you only a protection of SPF 2 sunscreens. So even if you have sun tan, you should not expose to sun for long time. Dark complexioned people dont need sunscreen as there body already blocking UV rays. They can use SUNGLASSES. The sunglasses are must for both Dark and Fair complexioned people.
25) At last not least a beautiful smile on face is also as important as beautiful skin for a great look for both sexes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disclaimer: All information and results stated in our websites are for information purposes only. The information is not specific medical advice for any individual. The content of this website should not substitute medical advice from a health professional. If you have a health problem, speak to your doctor or a health professional immediately about your condition.
U.Umeshkumar .BMAS, PGA, Jyothis Visharad, Jyothis Bhooshanam, Class 1 Registered Medical Practioner ( Alternative Medicine), Planetary Gem Advisor (Bangkok), Vedic Astrologer. https://www.umeshkumar.biz, http://www.umeshkumar.net , http://www.umeshkumar.blog.com , Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, efax :91 8066885424/08066885424
“To provide my clients with the specialization and attention they deserve,I have focused my practice area to Marketing, Astrology, & Blogging”
You can contact me on emails : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
Chat :WhatsApp : wa.link/umeshkumar
Chat :Skype/Telegram/Instagram/WhatsApp/Messenger : umeshkumar.space/messageme
Meet me on Zoom : umeshkumar.space/meet-me-on-zoom
My Digital Business Card : umeshkumar.space/digital-business-card